THE SUCCESSOR TO THE POPULAR A-88TMK2
The CS-88a is the next step up in the series from the small all-rounder CS-55a. On the design, the front panel has been made slightly wider to 42 cm, making it the ideal partner with Cayin’s CS-100CD CD player (see it here).
The turntable’s popularity is not overlooked. A phono input for the turntable has been integrated here, which supports MM pickups. Connecting your turntable doesn’t get any easier.
In addition, a larger power supply has been added to provide more power and stability. In particular, the new output transformers ensure greater and finer detail in the sound image.
Like its little brother CS-55a, a VU meter is integrated on the top plate for bias adjustment. This helps, over time, to always ensure the right performance.
- Specially designed toroidal transformer for the power supply
- Two 6SL7 and two 6SN7 tubes are used in the preamplifier section
- Four KT88 tubes are used for the AB1 push pull amplification
- Easy switching to EL34 tubes via the switch on the back
- High quality Japan APLS volume control
- Silver plated signal cable is used throughout the signal path
- The finest hard-wired point-to-point handcrafted internal cabling
- Attractive aluminum remote control included
FREE SHIPPING THROUGHOUT THE EU
Line 1, Line 2, Line 3, Pre-In
420mm × 382mm × 195mm (W×D×H)
Cayin CS55A vs CS88A vs CS100A vs CS845
This is not a review, but more an explanation of the impressions of the different models. Super good video that gives a good insight into the CS models.